Thursday, August 19, 2004

Wow! 4 miles!

I was quite surprised with my jog tonight.
I ran 4 miles without ever having to rely on my second wind kicking in.
For some odd reason, my run was almost effortless. However, by mile 3.2 my quads were burning. That sensation still could not overwhelm the so-called baby runner's high that I was experiencing.

I suppose I could have run the monumental 5 miles but I don't think it would be wise of me to push for such a distance given I haven't ran a distance past 3.6 miles all summer. I was caught off guard by the ease of my run tonight that I just wanted to run and run and run.
But I didn't.

Most of the ease was due to the fact that I had been jogging on the rez at an altitude of about 6K ft. Phoenix is about 2K ft. -- so go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home