Tuesday, August 24, 2004

4.0 miles again! hah!

This evening I had a lot of things on my mind when I first began my run. I've been letting the whole 'hanging out with friends' get in the way of my running. And I don't mean hanging out as in sitting on the sofa and watching movies.

Even though it was way late in the evening (10:40 pm to be exact), I went for my little run. I knew I shouldn't have been running that late at night with nothing like pepper spray to protect me but I would have felt guilty had I not run because that would have been the 4th day in a row that my running shoes haven't been hitting asphalt.

I was only intending on running 3 miles but I ended up running almost 4 miles again!
I was surprised at my endurance for the first 2 miles and I could do sprint intervals without feeling sluggish. Mile 3 was a little different and I had to slow down a bit and trot.
The weather was perfectly cool and not humid which is odd for a late August night in Phoenix. Usually by this time of year, it is still blazing hot outside and makes runs uncomfortable.

It's funny how during the course of my run, my mind keeps repeating the lyrics to the last song I had heard prior to getting outside. The other night I kept humming a song by Weezer and tonight it was a Five for Fighting song that the DJ in my head kept spinning. It seems to make my runs seem less monotonous. And it sure beats thinking about things that have been bugging me out lately.

My friend invited me to run a 5K at Salt River this weekend and it looks like I will be up to the challenge. It will be a little difficult given the fact that I've been training during the cool evenings and this little race will be starting at 7 am. By then, already a little too warm for comfort.

I managed to work on my abs after my run but feel I need to focus on working my quads for they're the first part of my body that feels fatigued after 30 min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home