Thursday, August 26, 2004

3.1 miles

Given that I was nursing a hangover all day today--I couldn't even focus on watching TV much less think about going for my run. And considering that I didn't run the other evening, I forced myself to get off my nice, comfy sofa and lace up my shoes.
Initially I wanted to run only 2.0 miles--maybe 2.5 at the most.

My pace was pretty slow throughout the entire run. I didn't start picking up the pace until my last 0.5 miles because I wasn't feeling any type of burn in my quads.
I pushed myself to do 3.0 miles instead because I was like 'oh, what the hell. just do it.'
The temperature was warm out. It had to be in the late 80's or low 90's.
I felt muggy and the warmness made me feel lethargic.

However, I am proud of myself up to this point.
I can run a 5k distance without much effort! My friend, Dre, has yet to get back to me on where the Salt River 5k will be held. I'd like to run it and see how well I do time-wise. There is another 5k scheduled for the 29th of Sept. by a campus organization I'm a part of. I'll train to beat my time then.

I like this whole training bit.
I was starting to slack off on my running because I had no goal to push for. I basically just ran whenever I wanted to and was not very consistent. Now, I have something to motivate me to run at least 4 times a week. Not to mention, I'm trying to go down 2 dress sizes. haha

I'm also looking into buying some new shoes. My current pair has logged approximately 250 miles so far. You are supposed to be replacing shoes at around the 300 mile mark right? Just curious.

I am also keeping in mind the 2004 Susan G. Koman RAce for the Cure 5k Race on Oct 10 in downtown Phoenix. Looks like I may have to start adjusting to running in the early morning. I don't know how the temperature will be then. Better safe than sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home