Friday, August 27, 2004

2.2 miles

Great News!
Dre' finally got back to me via email with directions for the 5k tomorrow morning. Yay! So it looks like I will be getting my race on!
Only thing is that registration starts at 5:15 AM! Yeah, I don't know if AM is even in my vocabulary! haha It's gonna take a lot for me to drag my J-Lo booty outta bed. Naw, I'm just being a drama queen. I'm pretty excited right now about my first 5k so I'm sure getting up with the rez roosters shouldn't be much of a problemo.

I have a complaint tho.
The inside of my right calf(sp?) has been giving me hell for the last two days.
I happen to know I am an overpronator and I'm thinking that I'm not landing right or pushing off right with that leg.
In fact, it's stinging right now. After the run tomorrow, I may have to give the running a rest for a couple days and just get my burn on with the stationary bike. *sigh* That sucks but I guess things like that go along with the territory.
I'll definitely be smelling like a rez grandma with all the Ben-gay that I'll smear on my calf tomorrow. haha

Oh yeah. Managed to do 2.2 miles today. Didn't wanna over do it tonight.
I need to save some juice for tomorrow. Wish me luck!!


2 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Blogger Deene said...

good luck at today's race. Have fun.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger carmen said...

thanks deene. all went well with the exception of the injury!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home