Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Weekend Update

Saturday:
Three cheers for me!
I finished the 5k with glory--all running and no walking.
The intensity with which I ran was all the more sweeter too. My legs wanted a break so bad but I just kept running. All the while I repeated a stolen mantra from Finding Nemo to force myself to keep going.
Instead of Dory's "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." I inserted running.

"Just keep running, just keep running. What do we do? We run." lol
A silly little mantra but, hey, it kept me going.

I thought I did well and was quite proud of myself.
My time: 29:57.
Not too shabby for only a mere 2 weeks of training. I made a promise to myself to cut my time down at least a minute if not more by the next race which will be in September. (late Sept)

Sunday:
Being that my right leg was strained from running the 5k, I opted to work out at the gym instead and stay off my leg as much as possible.
I managed a good 45 min on the recline bike and also did some light weight training for my quads and hammies.
Yippee! Muscle tone is slowly re-emerging! Talk about some postive reinforcement!

Monday:
I repeated Sunday's regimen sans the weight training.
It was hella crowded at the Student Recreation Complex on campus. All these damn sorority and frat punks hogging up the machines. Nothing more irritating than having to wait for some chick who's only pretending to be lifting when in actually she's just trying hard to be noticed by guys. Damn hussy. That's what I hate about working out on campus.


2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Deene said...

Goot job, Carmen!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger carmen said...

Thanks Deene! I only wish that I hadn't injured my leg. If not for that--all would be excellent. I haven't run since Saturday and I actually kinda miss it. *sniff*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home