Saturday, November 05, 2005

seeking motivation.

I'm at that point where I kind of dread running. I need something that will make it fun. Maybe I need to go out to Papago Park and run on the trails or something because the concrete jungle is no longer sustaining me. Oh how I wish for the trails of Kayenta at this point.

I ran 6.3 miles last Sunday and haven't run since. In a rut? I don't really know. I guess I am a bit bummed that I won't be making that New Times 10k next Sunday on the 13th. I will be on the plane ride home from Kansas.

Maybe I am due for some new running apparrel?
Maybe some new shoes to break in in time for the 1/2 marathon?

I need suggestions for motivation.

4 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New running gear always gets me excited! A different route could help. A new running group. The usual advice is to set a big goal - during my last rut a 10K or a half-marathon wasn't inspiring enough - I had to set my sights on a marathon to get motivated. And it took several weeks, logging of miles, and telling everyone I was going to run a marathon before it really took hold.

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just read a little further in your blog and saw that you do have a goal for a half-marathon in January. Are you following a training program? That helps me too - I know I'm supposed to do certain runs and certain mileage each week and even if I don't feel like it, I force myself to go just to check it off the training list.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in my last post - hang in there and don't give up!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger carmen said...

Thank you so much for your advice Susan! I have been running a tired route for a while so maybe I ought to try something new. I also have never ran with a running group and it's something I should try.

Again, thanks so much for the advice. I'll try harder at sticking to the 1/2 marathon plan that I have. It's tough.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Rhea said...

Run with a friend. If that friend can't run the entire length of your run, have him/her meet you at the halfway point. Something to look forward to. Also, run a different route. And by all means, new running gear always gets one more psyched up to run!

But I guess one of the best motivators is to read about runners and to plan races.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home