Monday, June 05, 2006

It'll get better, I swear

My site at the moment looks tres boring. Thank goodness I am engaged to a techie nerd who can help me spiff up the site. First off, I'm going to customize the banner and then write some detailed posts about who the runner is (me!) and my short running history. etc.

Today, I managed through a 35 minute workout encompassing tempo running and high incline walking. This all transpired on my new favorite treadmill at the gym. I have yet to name him. When I am out on the streets running, I usually run at approximately 10 minutes a mile. Today I ran 2.25 miles--all under 9:40 minutes a mile. It was so hard and I was sweating buckets by the final minutes! After a short recovery, I set the incline to 7 and then 10 and walked along at about a 18 min/mile pace.

The thing about this workout was that I set out to run the two miles relaxingly and then do the incline climbing. Only, I didn't do it 'relaxingly' and my competitive side appeared like a sudden onset of rabies and held my leisurely side captive. Man, I hate it when that happens! I need to know how to relax and take it easy when I'm supposed to.

Nonetheless, it was a good workout and I felt like a million bucks after it was all said and done.

On the days of the week that I work out at the campus gym, I work out after my Animal Behavior class is over. I usually ride my bike to campus which is a trying 10-min ride from my apartment. And in this hellish heat, I end up being that sticky, shiny girl who tries to be sneaky in wiping the sweat beads on my shorts while I should be taking notes. It's my fault any way. I really should be leaving for class 15-20 minutes before it starts but a procrastinator never learns, unfortunately. I haven't been punctual for more than 3 times in a row since high school. How sad is that!

So I bike ride to and from campus, thus adding 20 minutes of riding in the mix. Not too shabby for a day that was supposed to be easy.

Sunday
Mileage: 3.5 miles

I ran on the treadmill again. Not much to report here except that there was hardly anyone there and thankfully no sorority girls in their Juicy wear blocking my view of the pool while I run. This usually happens during the regular school year. *sigh*

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Liv said...

Hee hee, oh how well I know that "shiny girl" feeling. I usually try to duck into the washroom first and scrub myself with a few paper towels... however, if the people around you are wearing "juicy" on their asses, I say stay sweaty, stay stinky, let'em have it!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger carmen said...

haha good advice!

today, i brought a handtowel with me but as usual, i arrived to class one minute late. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home