Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rolling Hills and Pop Rocks

If you have never had Pop Rocks ever before in your life then buddy, I hate to tell you that you've been living an unfulfilled life.
I grew up on the things so you can imagine how delighted I was to find that the local Blockbuster was selling the things near the counter where they set out to get you with high calorie delights and sweets that would make your dentist squirm.

I couldn't pass the bugger up so I bought one and Hubster listened to my mouth sound off like an egg was frying like hell in really hot grease in there. I loved it!

So the Animal Behavior exam came and passed. I think I did decent. I can say for sure that I understand natural selection and sexual selection a lot more now.

The Workout
Mileage: 3.8 Miles

I'm getting up there and no doubt, I am a happy pup. I incorporated some small rolling hill inclines on the treadmill to get a little more out of the run. I did two hills (ea last about 5 minutes) at 1,2,3,2,1 inclines. The last hill I did with inclines of 1,3,5,5,3,1--which lasted 6 minutes. This all added up to 2.8 miles.

Then I ran somewhat hard for the last mile, averaging approximately a 9:30-9:35 min/mile. It was great! I felt like I could have taken on Micheal Johnson...ok, maybe not. hehe

I'm very much looking forward to my long run on Saturday. I'm thinking it will be 4.5 miles. Not too shabby for picking up the running (consistently) a week ago.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Deene said...

my inner child still loves Pop Rocks. i love it when i find those retro candy shops. it's fun to find "super zots" (sour covered hard candies), great for making faces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home