Friday, June 09, 2006

San Jose bound? Possibly.

So I've been thinking about running the Inaugural San Jose Half-Marathon this coming October. I wanted to do the Disneyland Half but found out that it has reached capacity. Boo!

Since I've been running indoors all week on the treadmill I was thinking that tomorrow I would run at a local park. It's the weekly long run and I'm going to get up early to do it. We'll see how that goes...stupid Phoenix temps! They better not creep up on me while I'm out there.

The Workout:
REST

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

Hey Carmen,

San Jose Half will probably be good, since Elite Racing is putting it on. If you don't want to go too far, there is the White Mountain Half up in Eagar/Springerville, AZ on 9/17. I ran it in 2004 and it is a very nice course, with one MONSTER hill at mile 11.5. The bonus is that it is cool up there! Check it out on Get Set AZ.

I'm about to go out for my sunset run. Just got back from Cloudcroft, NM where the high was 74! Ugh, Phoenix sucks in the summer!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger carmen said...

amanda: I usually run on the treadmill on campus at ASU since it's convenient right after my class. On non-gym days, I run a giant loop around a residential area near my apartment. I will probably start running occaisionally at Kiwanis Park or Papago Park soon though.

I would very much like to do some long runs together. I won't be at that point for another two months but I'll contact you when I get there. Sounds fun and good luck on the training!!

Ann: Thanks for the info. I saw the same White Mountain race as well but didn't know what the elevation was like there and how I would do. I'm going to keep it in mind if I'm not financially able to travel to San Jose.

You are so lucky to have gotten away from the heat for a bit. I bet you even drove with your windows down! I envy you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home