Sunday, June 11, 2006

slacker but well rested

I've been idle for the past two days. I should have at least put in a good half hour on the elliptical but I think my body was worn out from it's first week of real work outs and real running. I felt really tired this evening and can't remember what time I went to sleep but I think it was 7:30 pm. I woke up to find it was 12:15 am and had forgotten to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I'm sitting here at the computer listening to some Pixies, The Cure, and The Shins. It's just after 1 am and I think I'll mosey on back to bed after this entry. I plan on running for 45-50 minutes early this morning which should equate to around 4.5 miles depending on how fast and consistent I am.

Hubster and I went to Chandler Fashion Mall earlier today to get out of the house. The main objective was to get me a set of new workout wear from Under Armour. We were quickly reminded that Saturday was a horrid time to go to the mall. Navigating through the crowd quickly frustrated me and I found myself cursing the people who hogged up the aisles with their huge baby strollers and being completely oblivious to how impolite it was.

In addition, I felt completely out of my element as everyone seemed to have stepped out from a J. Crew catalogue. Hubster was decked in his usual black ensemble and lugging around his laptop in a black bag which completely made him look like a dangerous but very handsome hacker of some sort. haha I on the otherhand was rocking my black Horrorpops t-shirt. We definitely stuck out like sore thumbs. ha

I had better get to bed now.

Oh. Ann, I'm doing the Summer Series #3 5k as well!

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

Cool- see ya at SS #2! I like this course- it's slightly uphill the first 1.5 and then downhill on the way back, which makes for some screaming negative splits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home