Friday, October 20, 2006

ever high-fived a spider?

Yesterday evening was a good evening to run. The temps were nice but got a bit nippy near the finish because of the sweat that formed on my t-shirt. I parked "Sally", my car, at the Sports Complex and began my run there.

I looped around the Fairgrounds before taking to the pedestrian sidewalk alongside the main road. Approximately 22 minutes into the run, I stopped briefly to stretch out the hams, the quads, and the inner thighs. Stretching always gets me back into good form and spirits when I'm doing a long run and it seems like it'll be forever before I reach the finishing point.

The most awesomest part of my run??

Getting high-fives from the spiders and their web threads along the bridge rails. How is this so? Well, I forgot to mention that I was running into the sunset and so the light illuminated the threads of spider webs latched onto railing by the sidewalk bridges. They waved and bobbed with the gentle breeze--totally making them look like extended palms from a cheering crowd along side a race route.

It was just really invigorating because I felt like I had a small support section cheering me on by the bridges. It was just the coolest thing ever.

I ran uphill into St. Micheals which is not an easy thing to do because to do so means running uphill for 10-15 minutes. I turned around by St Micheals Chapter House and ran back down the hill into Window Rock. Eventually I looped once more around the Fairgrounds and then ran back to my car for a total of *dun dun DUN*

6.4 miles in 1:06:00 at a 10:18 pace

I made good time despite the long uphill running. Super awesome. I had extra incentive to run fast because I was due to meet a friend for a 7:30 dinner in Gallup.

I missed watching Grey's Anatomy but good thing they do an encore on Friday evenings. Evenso, I wouldn't have missed my 6-miler for the world.

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Awesome pace! You are catching up to me.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!!

I think they are now putting the shows on the web afterwards.. they say something at the end about if you want to watch it again go to abc.com.... I'm too tired to check it out right now and let you know. :)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

good job sister! Are you coming down for New Times?

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Nice job! The spiders sound amazing. Hope your weekend was filled with good running (and relaxing!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home