Wednesday, October 04, 2006

still trying...and feeling weak, weak, WEAK

I went running on the trail again yesterday(the pictures from the previous post). I'm now following the marathon plan on the Runner's World website..."Your Ultimate Marathon Training Plan." So I ran my 4 miles and then some.

I took off from the starting point early so I wouldn't have to worry about skinwalkers this time. hehe Mile 1 was pretty relaxing but as I tried to keep pace on my 2nd mile I felt so weak! I couldn't shake the weak feeling the entire way except for one moment when my adrenaline spiked from a jackrabbit who scared me.

During the last couple of legs, I sincerely felt like my limbs were made out of aluminum because it was such a chore to push on. Here were my measley times.

Mile .3-1 = 6.39
Mile 2 = 11.39
Mile 3 = 14.38
Mile 4 = 14.26
Mile 4-4.4 = 5.00

I think I'm not fueling up properly. I feel like I don't have much time in the afternoon to run around and try to make a peanut butter-jelly sandwich or run to the store to get something besides a banana. It's like I'm too busy to do anything and I'm hating it!

Today I had a rest day but tomorrow I'm scheduled for an hour run. I'm going to make it my priority tonight to prepare my sandwiches ahead of time.

"It's peanut butter- jelly time!!" (hehe)

6 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hi Carmen ... I had the same thought as I read your post. It would appear that you just ran out of fuel. I've had this happen to me after a very hard run or race and know the feeling well. You start out OK and then your body just shuts down. I've head out on an 8 or 10 mile run only to find myself walking 2 miles home after coming to a complete stop.

Fortunately, you'll get this situation turned around quickly.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I agree with Phil. You need to fuel in order to fuel efficiently. I love my PB&J and banana before I long run. Keep going through Runner's World for nutritional help for pre-run and post-run. Let me know if you need any help.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Jack said...

It really sounds like a fueling problem as I seem to be echoing here. You could always make your PB & J sandwiches in the morning and have them ready when you need them later. I usually carry a couple PB & honey sandwiches when I do a real long run (3+ hours). I make them the night before and do my long run on Saturday mornings just as it gets light out. I eat a light breakfast about 45 minutes before I run and munch on a sandwich around the 2-hour and 3-hour points.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger ! said...

Today's my welcome back run...eeks..at this point my time doesn't matter I've gotta atleast get in 3 miles...maybe even 4..:) I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Great job on the run..those trails look fun, better than a tread anyway...:) Keep it up.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Deene said...

stash some energy bars/nuts in your desk for snacking about an hour before your run. Get a bunch of gel packets as well and pin one to your shirt for each run just in case (keeping in pocket makes it warm and yucky)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger carmen said...

Great idea Deene. I have some pretzals stashed in my desk that I'm eating right now. Will head to Basha's soon to get some bananas and some gatorade.

6 miles!! Here I come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home