Monday, October 16, 2006

preparation starts at lunch

I wasn't able to run my 8 miles yesterday hence I am making them up today after work. I had a nice lunch by myself today at the local pizza place. I ate there a couple times years ago with some colleagues and remembered that they had decent spaghetti. I figured that I needed to carb up early so to Party Pizza, I went.

I had a nice little garden salad, two breadsticks, spaghetti with meatballs, and a Dr. Pepper. My lunch companion was Lance Armstrong--on the cover of my latest issue of Runner's World, that is. hehe Right afterwards, I went to the grocery store to buy some bananas so I wouldn't have to make a trip there on my afternoon break. While there, I passed the floral section and was reminded that it was National Boss's Day by the tiny, jubilant balloons.

I ended up buying a card and some donuts on my paltry budget for the head honcho. Talk about a suck-up, huh? Hey! Anything to make a good impression while I'm on my probationary period! haha

The fiance' and I had our two year anniversary over the weekend. We spent it hanging out in Flagstaff and walking around downtown. It was nice. We even went vehicle browsing since we're in the market for a Honda Ridgeline. It was a fun weekend. I feel great knowing that I'm about to marry the funniest man alive.

I have to prepare mentally for my 8-miler.
I am a lioness, I am a gazelle.

6 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hope you had a great 8-miler today!

Oh .. your fiance sounds very nice. You're a lucky woman.

Don't worry about the suck-up thing. All "bosses" like little gifts ... especially doughnuts.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Two years is a wonderful spot to be at.

Hope the 8 miler does well!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Congrads on the anniversary!

Good luck on the 8 miler.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Good luck with your 8-miler, you can do it you carbed-up! Congratulations on your 2 years, I hope he spoiled you.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Deene said...

I hope your 8 miler went well with plenty of fuel left over. Congrats on two yearss with loverboy! I got my two bosses gifts yesterday as well, those silly men acted all "Gee, Wally" and embarrassed for a minute til they got their bearings.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2 years! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home