Thursday, October 05, 2006

here's the plan, stan

So I only have 2 hours to go until I get off work. I'm about to take my 15 minute break so I'll run to the store to chomp down on two bananas and give it time to circulate.

I'm really exciting about putting in an hour of pure running--maybe even 6 miles at the most. I'm not planning on running the trail this evening. I'm headed up to St. Micheal's which is about 2 or 3 miles from where I work. St Michael's opens up into Window Rock and when you follow the main road, it's actually a roll down a steady climbing hill.

I plan on running down the hill into WR and maybe into Tse Bonito or up to the Navajo Nation Council Chambers...then I will turn around. I've never run alongside the main roads here. I hope that I don't get any hollering or cat calls. I seriously HATE such attention. It's as bad as making me feel like I'm running completely naked.

Wish me luck!

Oh yeah, it rained really hard here this morning. I'm hoping that it doesn't rain while I run. It'll put a damper on my spirit.

9 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Rain ALWAYS dampens my spirits! Good luck!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

You go girl! You can do it!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Best of luck Carmin ... I hadn't thought about the cretin's on the reservation ... you just can't get away from them no matter where you go. Hopefully your run will go smoothly. Looking forward to reading the report tomorrow.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Deene said...

hope you had a good run. running in the rain is the best feeling (for me anyway).

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Renee said...

How did the run go?
I was just reading your 100 things about me and I love these:

"5. Yes, I am full blooded Navajo.

6. No, you cannot touch my hair."

I noticed you minored in Art History, which happens to be my field.

Basically, a bunch of your 100 things about me was really moving -- I'm glad I found your blog to keep up with! (Thanks to Phil, of course!)

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your run went well.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

Hey Carmen, how did it go?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Have a good run!!

The cat calls used to drive me crazy, just picture them as people cheering you on for a good run.

Send the rain this way - we need it!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger carmen said...

Thank you all! I DID manage to have a great run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home