Sunday, October 08, 2006

Honk if ya love me!

FYI: I did an hour and three minutes of running like I said I would. It was a glorious run albeit there were some tough steady climbing inclines--the kind that last for 6-8 minutes!

It took at least a good 15 minutes to get comfortable with the idea that I was running right alongside traffic. I don't like the idea of people gawking at me when I run. It's different when I am running a race. Anyhow, sure enough, I started getting a couple honks after the initial 15 minutes.

I kinda liked them, contrary to what I said before about unwanted attention. It's not like I had my butt hanging out of tiny daisy duke running shorts and a tight, skimpy tank top on. No siree, I had on a pair of sweats, my short sleeved Arizona State shirt, and a white running cap. Therefore, I took all the honks as expressions of encouragement and vehicular "ALL RIGHT!"s. Who knows, for all I know, they could have just been honking because they're SunDevils fans! :P

The only part I didn't enjoy was having to make tiny detours around canine roadkill. Poor dogs. There were two of them and my heart felt sad as I passed them because they were handsome mutts.

I felt pretty badass running the whole thing. Sure does make one proud when they follow up on what they set out to do!

BTW, I'm in Tempe for the weekend right now. I have a 7-miler scheduled for this morning. I'm anxious to see how the running experience will differ here for me being that I've spent a good month at 7,000 ft of elevation.

Dare I say, I miss the treadmill. I may do my whole 7 on there.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the run. Don't worry about the gaukers. I just ignore them...and I wear a little less clothing than you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home