Wednesday, November 01, 2006

For the past week, I've been in training to learn how to use a new project tracking software for our division. It's supposed to make our departments more accountable for the projects that we undertake and to make information regarding these projects more accessible for the vendors and the public involved.

The first day we covered the very basics of GIS which was way easy since I still remember a thing or two from my GIS course I had taken two years ago. Now we're actually getting into the project tracking application. It's fun--for me that is.

Although, I am a bit groggy from last night's festivities. I went as a hardcore My Chemical Romance groupie. I had the greasy mop of messy hair going that was accented by a bright red headband. I had on black eyeliner lining my eyes. For the emo/goth look, I smeared on some bright red eye shadow from Manic Panic and some coal eyeshadow. Then I dressed my lips in bright red lipstick. I simply wore my old MCR t-shirt, some black pants, and my old ratty black Chuck Taylors. I found some old black gloves lying around and I cut the fingers off of them and it completed my ensemble. It was awesome. hehe

My friend Heather thought that I looked more like a geisha.

Anyhow, we had some food and played a very exciting and fun-filled game of Taboo. My throat ached afterwards from all the shouting. I was the belle of the ball because I miraculously shouted out "Pavarotti" from only two clues: 1) he sings and 2) he's fat.

I mean, how in the world would a rural Navajo girl know about Pavarotti in the first place? haha That's what they were puzzled over. But hey, I've watched one too many informercials for the 3 Tenors album when I was younger.

Another friend, S, was up at one point giving the hints and one of his words was "festival". He gave "enchilada" for one of his hints and we were like WHAT??? How the heck do you get enchilada from festival? haha His justification was that they have an enchilada festival in Las Cruces, NM but I thought it was funny. haha

Prior to all the fun, I did get my 5 miles in and a little more. I ran on the trail again and I think I need to wait another week before I run the trail again because it makes my ankles all sore from the uneven terrain. I run the risk of twisting my ankle everytime I hit a large or unexpected bump.

I registered for the New Times 10k yesterday. I'm determined to finish in one hour at the most but my secret goal is to finish sub-60 minutes.

Hope you all had a good halloween!

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger LeahC said...

sounds like a great costume and a fun party. I love Taboo, my husband is bad at it though. He just looks at the cards and goes, "Um....uh.....pass" :-)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Sounds like a good time. Good luck with the 10k.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Sounds like a great party .. but where are the pictures. I'd like to see what a "true" MCR groupie looks like :)

Watch the trail running. It's not like running trails in the East. Out here in the wild West the trails are rocky and very uneven. The last thing you need to do is trip and hurt yourself (why do I sound like your mother?). Anyway, I don't want to see you getting hurt this close to your marathon.

Congrates on signing up for the New Times 10K. I picked up my bib number this morning. It should be another great race.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Deene said...

heh heh, funny about Phil warning you about trails - he forgets you're from the rez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home