Thursday, November 02, 2006

time to dust of the pepper spray

I was supposed to run 7 miles tonight. I fell short by 1.8 miles because let's face it--daylight savings time is NOT on my side. It gets dark by 6 pm and it's only going to dark faster as winter mozzies on into the Southwest. I'm lucky that my training classes get out by 4 or 4:30 pm but I've had things on my agenda for the past week that things are b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

I don't know what I am going to do once my training workshop is over because then I'll be stuck at the office until 5 pm. What I've been doing is getting 1.5-2 miles out of the way at lunch and running the remainders after class is out. I know that in most magazines, trainers laud this approach because it reduces your chance of injury.

However, I feel like I'm cheating my body out of getting a good workout when I break up a run into segments. But as long as I get that one long run in during the week right? Isn't that what counts?

I'm making up my miles tomorrow morning at 6. I have to be extremely careful because I run by myself--especially in this town. Gallup has more than it's share of "lost souls" wandering about at all hours of the day and probably night. In fact, I passed about 3-4 inebriated men walking along the street this evening. Guess I'll have to carry the pepper spray with me tomorrow morning.

AS for the Halloween party, I don't have any pictures to show for myself. :( And I was being camera shy myself so I doubt my friends got any pictures with me in it. Some of them are here in town right now at a birthday dinner for a colleague but I can't bear to miss Grey's tonight. I'm so behind that I don't know what the heck is happening. I might as well wear a paper bag over my head.

This weekend is my niece's baby shower. I still have a lot on my planning plate. I have to by things for goodie bags, prizes, and props for the games. My sweetie is renting a car and he's coming to my house this weekend. I'm so excited! I haven't seen him in three weeks!! This long distance thing is so very hard!

Another friend of mine is due any day now and I'm thinking of organizing a shower for her since she tells me that no one has offered yet. Yet another friend is due next month. So many pretty Indian babies!

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I totally agree with getting the pepper spray. It's best to safe than sorry. Great job on the miles so far.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Daylight savings time really messes up my schedule too, stay safe!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Deene said...

It's tough to do long runs during week days if you work. What training plan are you following - the one i usually do has short runs/cross training during the week day with increasingly long runs on the weekend building up to 23 or so miles.

take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home