Friday, June 23, 2006

the boogey man stole my spirit and energy

I've been pretty busy for the past couple of days--from studying for the pesky exam to waking up early to complete an online homework assignment. Let me just say that looking around for and reading scientific articles is not one of the most exciting things to do at 2 am. hehe

On top of that I spent most of Thursday filling out employment applications for positions that are closing today at 5 pm. There is a slight chance that I will be leaving the Valley at the beginning of August to take a position in Window Rock, AZ--the capital of the Navajo Nation. The upside of moving there would be training at a higher elevation, around 6800 ft. I'll have to double check that. I won't say anymore about that because it's still up in the air.

I decided to slow down on the intensity of my workouts for this week. I admit that I may have increased my pace too fast. Now I have a nagging tightness in my abductors. I try my best to warm them up and stretch them before and after a run.

I was going to start the Jeff Galloway beginning marathon plan this coming Sunday but because of the tightness I'm pushing back "lift-off" until the following Sunday. I'm taking it easy for the next week. Easy means a 10:30-10:40 pace and no more than 4 miles, except for my long run which will stay at 6 miles.



THURSDAY JUNE 22, 2006
The Workout

Mileage: 3.1 miles

Hubster came out with me on the route last night. He's slowly easing back into running as well which I am very ecstatic about. One of things I hope for is the day we can run a half-marathon together. :)

I almost scrapped my run again for tonight because of the same old lame excuse I have: I was just too tired. However, I forced myself out the door and Hubster tagged along mainly to make sure that I was safe and wouldn't get abducted by aliens late at night.

I took it easy.
Easy pace.
Easy Run.

mile 1: 10:31
mile 2: 10:41
mile 3: 10:45

overall 5k: 33:10


WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 2006
The workout:

REST

but I did get to see my best friend for lunch and we laughed it up while eating fantabulous honey hot buffalo wings at Native New Yorker. :) We also talked about how lame we were in not having landed a summer job either. lol

5 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been reading this blog for a few days now.. just wondering when is the race?

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Phil said...

No wonder you're tired. Going through a job search as well as the exams is very stressfull. I wish you the best of luck with the Window Rock job. It sounds very exciting.

You're also doing the right thing not getting too hung up with pace at the moment. I think you need to comfortably build up your mileage following the basic 10%. The improvement in pace will come with time.

Now that you're out of school and through with your exams you can finally get on with your life. Your certainly off to a great start and you've got nothing but time on your side. Those of us that didn't start running until our late 40s or early 50s certainly wish we had started sooner. Just think about how good you'll be when you're my age.

Phil

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger ! said...

Hey Carm....
I think the window rock would be fun....I have to admitt I love the rez.. Hehe :0) Hey I've got a workout pass for 1 person for a day at pure fitness. If they allow it. I'm hoping you'll come with on saturday from like 8-10 or something. (I need to look at the scheledule) for the moring classes..I think they've got Yoga, Abs and Cardio if i remember...I'll send you an email at lunch with the exact info. We could be work out buddies for the day...hehe

Keep up the great work!!!!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Okay...6800 elevation! That's some serious shit! Nice runs!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Wings...mmm. Don't stray away from the training...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home