Sunday, June 11, 2006

get up maggot!

I'm horrible.
I went back to bed and didn't hear the alarm go off at 4:20 am. I don't know if Hubster tried to wake me up but I woke up by myself at six-something...almost near 7 am. I saw the bright light from outside trying to sneak into our room and I immediately turned the other way.

If this were January, I would have gotten up but in June? The heat got me before I even started.

I need to stop this nonsense though. I will run tomorrow morning or the next early. As for today, we're doing 4.5 miles on the treadmill. Let's hear it for new workout clothes! :)

Update:
Mileage: 5.0 miles (!!)

Averaged a 10:00 min/mile pace. Took a walking/Gatorade drinking break after 3 miles (1 min). Then ran the rest of the workout. The new UA shirt was a dream. Usually I am drenched in sweat down my back and my sides but I was drier than a baby in soiled Pampers.

5 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Liv said...

Yay for new workout clothes! At least, if you're running at the gym, there will be lots of people to admire you in the awesome new gear! Early mornings suck, seriously.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Carmen,

New cloths always make you run faster (at least that's what I tell myself).

Best of luck with you training for the ARR SS #3 in a few weeks. Unfortunately, you'll need to get up very early to make the 6:30 AM start.

Also, thanks for the kind words on Ann's blog.

Keep running,

Phil

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Hi Carm!
I'm so excited for your new running blog! I'm looking forward to reading about all your training towards that marathon!

Yes, I know what you mean by getting up extra to put in a run there. I manage to get in two runs during my visit at 5 am and the rest was spent waking up to the smell of brewing coffee and bacon... It's pathetic! LOL

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

I noticed you mentioned your running plans in your other blog, but I'll comment here...again. :)

That's to hear you have a race next month. 5k, short and sweet. I like to do one too.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice run! And you can get up in Jan without a problem? I guess that is the beauty of living in AZ - you can't catch me running outside in Jan. but I'm in Chicago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home