Thursday, June 15, 2006

my poor purse was raped and all for 4 miles!

I think one of my bad habits in running is getting overzealous and pushing the tempo when I really should be slowing down and keeping a slower half-marathon like pace. I pushed myself on the treadmill today and it felt great to complete the workout.

The Workout
Mileage: 4.0 miles

I ran inclines of 1,2,3,3,2,1 and 1,3,5,5,3,3,1,1 at a slightly higher speed than I'm used to. Talk about pushing it. I don't know what the heck fueled me but I was a woman on a mission. I set out to do 4 miles with hills and I did it! I totally felt like I was kicking ass in there. I'm now at the point where I can run 9:40 min/mile pace comfortably. SCORE!

The only sad news I have is that I can kind of feel the familiar slight tinge of pain on my right leg again. It's right around the "cankle" area on the inside of my leg. I can sort of postulate what's causing it. Either I need to replace my shoes (10 mos old) or it's because of my oddly spaced out toes on my right foot.

I did a whole lot of running around barefoot as a rez kid. As a result my toes look splayed out when I step and I have this ginormous space between my big toe and my second toe. It's not even funny. To me, it looks freakish! When I make the effort to keep the toes together when I pound the treadmill, the tinge of pain kind of goes away but it's hard to keep my toes together for the duration of 40 minutes. I may have to see a foot doctor about this if it gets worse.

I'm not letting anything get in the way of my first marathon so it's best I take care of this early should the pain progress.

Today, I drove my car to the gym and parked in ASU's visitor parking lot. I thought that the rate was 1.00 or so an hour to park there but upon arriving to the parking toll booth, my purse was raped of all the coins it had because I was charged $4.00 to park for an hour and twenty minutes! I swear, all ASU is good for these days is raping you in the wallet.

I highly suggest you don't ever attend ASU unless you like big bullies taking away your lunch money.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Liv said...

Eek! Maybe you could run to the gym...?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Deene said...

i felt guilty the other day when i drove to the park to run around the lake a few times. i could have left the vehicle at home instead and run to the park and around the lake just once, saved fuel, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home