Tuesday, June 20, 2006

things happen, what can i say?

I've been very fatigued lately. I feel healthy so I'm attributing the afternoon laziness to riding my bike out in the horrid heat during the middle of the day. I have class from 1:40-2:30pm so I make 2 10-minute trips to campus on my bike. The temps here are outrageously hot to some people (it's around 107-110 deg F lately) but as insane as this sounds, it's a lot cooler and thus tolerable than last summer.

I've never really been a fan of summers and the heat because as a child I was prone to becoming dehydrated and having to lie in the ER with an IV. Miraculously, I've coped with living in the hot Valley of the Sun for 6 years now. Although, I'd rather be in northern Arizona on any given day than here!

This evening we had a big baked catfish dinner and I was really full for two hours afterward. I had planned for a 4 mile run at Kiwanis Park this evening but being that my stomach was so full--I couldn't bear the thought of running, being hot, and getting nauseous from all the sloshing of food in my tummy. It was getting pretty late when Hubster and I finally decided to do the elliptical at our complex's fitness room.

To our delight, the crummy management team finally repaired the two broken treadmills. I have to add that those treadmills had been broken for almost a year!! See...CRUMMY management. I was elated because I dreaded elliptical time so I got to run.

Mileage: 2.6 miles

I was aiming for an easy 3 miles this evening just because I felt so tired. However, my right leg mysteriously almost gave out on me about four times! I don't know what happened but I figured I had to cut the run short before I biffed it hard on the belt and into the wall. lol

I did compensate by doing 6 minutes on the elliptical.
Don't forget my 20-min bike rides during the day!

All in all, not too shabby.

MONDAY JUNE 19
The workout: REST but I did have to ride my bike to class. Total time: 20 min.

And thanks to Phil and Nicole who wished me luck on the exam. It was tougher than the first exam so I hope I did decent. I got a 95 on the first exam and had the same bad feeling after the exam like I have now so maybe I'll be surprised again.

5 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Mmmm, catfish dinner - I bet it's been 30 years since I had one - at my grandparents.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Thanks for the comment. Pretty nice layout as well...clean and clear.

Yeah, I hear you on the phoenix heat...it makes working out an obstacle. I look forward to the fall and winter but summer time, I spend a lot of time at the gym where it's nice and cool. But the dreadmill gets quite boring.

Hang in there with your marathon training...it will pay off in the long run.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Don't ya just love the rest days?!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Nice job on the exam!

I feel for you on the heat issue...I rather choose freezing over scolding HOT!

Catfish, yum!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Liv said...

Ah, you're one of THOSE people, who always thinks they did badly on an exam even when they rocked it :)

Oh well, guess it means you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get back your fabulous grade!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home