Wednesday, June 28, 2006

turn on my water dammit!

I'm sitting here pretty steamed with my apartment complex management. I come riding home all sweaty from a bike ride home from the campus gym and after running 4 miles on the treadmill. All the way back I kept thinking about how good it would be to take a nice cool shower.

I get home and sling my bag off.
Head to the kitchen to down some Gatorade and a cup of yogurt which will transition into my shower.

Then I notice that the water is not turning on in the kitchen. I check in the bathroom and same deal! What the fuck, man!

I call the front office and all I get is an answering machine greeting stating that the staff were in the office but unable to get to the phone. Blah. So I leave my message asking when the water was going to be turned back on.

*just now got a phone call*

They said the water will be back on in 15-20 minutes.
At least it's not another hour or two but I just hate it when my skin starts to tighten and the sodium or whatever starts to solidify in white specks on my skin. Argh!

I can't wait to move out of this dump in the next couple of months!

So anyway...

The Workout
Mileage: 4.1 miles

This run was particularly all about the hills. I didn't wanna do it but I'm not sure how hilly the 5k course will be this weekend and I don't wanna come in dead last if I haven't prepared. I kept my pace steady at 10:00 on zero to 1.0 inclines but lowered to as low as 10:30 when running my peaks which were set at 3, 3.5, or 5.5.

I wanted to run a little faster but thought about how much more satisfying it would be to not feel tuckered out at the end. Save for a short break after 2 miles to retrieve my towel from my bag, I ran the entire 4 miles.

I ended with 10 minutes of stretching and some bouts on the leg strengthening weight machines. I am pleased to announce that we have some toning action going on! I can see outlines of my muscles!! hehe I love muscular legs, man. They make me feel invincible. I swear I'm going to get the legs of that women on the Columbia (or was it North Face?) ads who is trail running with her kid strapped to her back. It's a pretty recent ad so I'm sure you've seen in in Runner's World. She has scary legs to die for. lol

Yesterday, I didn't do shit except for two trips to campus on my bike which adds up to 40 minutes. I cheated around 11:00 pm last night when Hubster and I made ourselves Rootbeer Floats. No wonder I'm not losing weight. hehe

TUESDAY JUNE 27, 2006
REST--though unintentional
40 min bike

7 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Ahhh, yes, but how can you pass up a rootbeer float, hon?!?!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Bummer about your water ... but what a great workout. You'll be kicking my butt on Saturday for sure. I was dragging a bit this morning and didn't have any hills to contend with. Tomorrow will be more of the same and then I fly back to Phoenix (through 3 time zones) to get to the race.

Be sure to rest up on Friday. No sense in burning yourself out. Your legs will thank you.

Phil

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Have you tried a Diet Rootbeer float with frozen yogurt? That may help you a bit.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Great workout! The best thing to do in a situation like the water problem is to go out an run another round ;-)

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! But, at least it wasn't off for hours.
Great run

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Killer workout! I've been accustomed to a salt flavored body...call me Morton!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Deene said...

you gotta love that salty potato chip like feeling. i was like that last night until i washed my face and got some of the salty runoff in my mouth - eew. had to jump in the shower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home