Sunday, July 09, 2006

Canyon de Chelly pictures


A black and white snapshot of the south end of Canyon de Chelly (Chelly is pronounced as shay).



Another shot of the canyon. It was here that we were fortunate to watch four Ferruginous Hawks fly up around the sky, cute chipmunk like critters scurrying about the rocks, and a pair of rabbits! Definitely all signs of good luck!



Hubster took this shot of me and I tried hard not to squint because I hate that dimple that forms on my upper right cheek. lol



This is the famous Spider Rock where our deity Spider Woman lives.



If you look closely, you can see the Anasazi Ruins in a cliff alcove. I can't remember the specific name of this ruin site. I'm still amazed at how they were able to build such structures and live on cliff edges. I told Hubster that I wouldn't have made such a great Anasazi because I'm such a scaredy cat. I have a great fear of falling from high places.



This is me pretending to tell some magnificent story about the canyon. heh



Hubster and I saw this coffee shop sign prior to driving towards the park entrance. Changing Woman is perhaps the most important figure revered by Navajos. It is after her that young girls are molded to take after in our puberty ceremonies. Because I'm such a latte fiend, I told Hubster that it was a must that we stop there on the way back.



This is me at one of the coffee shop tables. And the iced vanilla frap we ordered was definitely among the best I have ever tasted! If you are ever in the area, be sure to stop by Changing Woman Coffee. You can't miss it!



I have been a very bad girl. I only managed to put in a 3-mile run on Thursday night. I have just eaten a big enchilada meal prepared by resident chef, Hubster, and I'm still full. I don't know if I can put in a run tonight as it is pretty late.

We all have these types of moments don't we?

I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow and for the rest of this week. Oh yeah, I've decided on Hal Higdon's novice marathon plan. So it's time to shape up folks. No more monkeying around! I'm anxious to start because it means I have restored motivation and I still have yet to actually log some miles on my new shoes. They have already been affectionately dubbed, The Beasts.

9 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Very beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful.
And good luck w/ Hal - I'm using the same plan.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger ! said...

Love all the photos!!!. I'm glad ya'll had a good time. :)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Gotta Run..... said...

What great photo's!!! Great job on picking a training plan. Stick with it and use it as a running bible. He knows what he is doing from years of experience.

Robin

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what gorgeous photos!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger SRR said...

I think I saw the ruins! Great pics!

Personally, I like Hal. I'm currently training with his Intermediate I Program. Good Luck!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger LessThanZero said...

my dads family lives close to spider rock. i grew up in that area when i was a lil chizzy rez boy heardin sheep for my grandma.

running around pretending to be ninjas and throwning paper ninja stars at the sheep.

there is a out of the way walking trail just east of where you were pointing and telling your story. it goes all the way to the bottom of the canyon.

dang, i havent been in that area in a while...

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Nice photos...:) Yeah, been in the same boat in slacking off. Work has consumed me and I had to work during the 4th of july weekend as well.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Amazing pictures Carmen. Maybe you should organize a "Run the Canyon" tour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home