Friday, June 30, 2006

good golly, i survived

It seems that all of your good thoughts helped me out on the exam today. I didn't struggle as much as I thought I would have but I was the second to the last person finished. I'm hoping for an A in the course but I'l be content with a B+.

So I have one class down and one more to go. One whole month of Genetics! GOD HELP ME!!

I'm currently waiting for a pizza to arrive and doing my laundry (washing my gear for tomorrow).

I have a running related question. I've been looking at the wear on my running shoes. There isn't much wear on the heels but there is considerable wear on the forefront. Does this mean that I am a forefoot striker? And overpronation means that the strike is usually more in the heel?

I'm going to finally purchase my new shoes next week and I've been looking at the shoe reviews in one of the more recent Runner's World. In either case, I'll still head to a running store to get the right advice but it just helps to know.

Tomorrow morning is the big day. Later in the afternoon Hubster and I are leaving for the rez to spend the holiday weekend there. I want to get in a lot of hiking while I'm there so expect some pictures next week. :) If I don't write again tomorrow, have a nice holiday weekend everyone!

4 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Take your shoes to the store and ask them what you should get. It may help with the proper shoe.

Have fun this weekend.

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you are necessarily a forefoot striker - you might push off hard with your toes. Also overpronation happens during the mid stance time so it doesn't necessarily mean you strike with your heel.
Best bet is to have someone watch you run.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger carmen said...

Thanks for the advice, really. You both pointed out things that I didn't even think about.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Deene said...

i think pronation is more left to right movement of your ankle instead of heel/toe. over pronators end up with extra wear on their shoes next to the arches - when you push off with your foot the ankles roll inward. i hope explained it properly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home