Thursday, November 09, 2006

GODDAMMIT!

I SOOOO don't even want to run anymore.

I sigh when I think about how many miles I have to run.

My runs have become sluggish and unfulfilling.

Am I ready for a marathon?

What the hell am I thinking?


Regardless, I have the New Times 10k this weekend. I haven't been running much lately so there goes any hope of a sub-60 minute race. ARGH.

And my dumb left ankle is starting to hurt. Sometimes I hate my feet. I know the way the pound the ground is the root of all my running problems. Sucks.

GODDAMMIT! ( I say that when I am so stressed.)

6 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Phew, Carmen, I think this happens to everyone. Sometimes I need a good kick in the ass. Or a break.
Don't worry too much about your sub-1 hour race. Go out, enjoy the camraderie of other runners and see what happens!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

no worries....this too will pass.

I just did 1.6 miles and it felt like I was running through molasses.

See ya Sunday!

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. We all have those days. I am feeling it too. Just make sure you are fueling yourself properly because it makes a HUGE difference.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Carmen ... the New Times 10K will cheer you up. Once you get out there and start running with all those people you'll get back in the swing of things. Control your pace at the beginning or at least until you get up and over the hill on the North side of Tempe Town Lake. You'll have a great time.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you.
hang in there and as nike say - just do it or at least that's what I'm trying to do.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Deene said...

i don't think that you can know if you are ready for a marathon even as you step up to the start line. it's only after you give it a try that matters. be true to yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home