Friday, September 03, 2004

my new training buddy

For the first time since the beginning of summer, I had a partner to work out with.
After reading about my 5k accomplishment in my blog, my pal Delsey was inspired to take up running and training. I invited her along to accompany me at the SRC on campus this evening.
I was surprised that even though she was at ASU for the past 2 years--she had never been to the gym before. If I had more time I probably would have given her a mini tour but I was anxious to get exercising cuz I was meeting some buds later that night and didn't wanna be too late.

So anyhoo--
We did my usual routine of 30 min on the bike and another 10 min on the elliptical machine. I think I could have actually gone another 20 min on the elliptical but I didn't want to burn the poor girl out on her first attempt.
It seemed like time went by a lot faster.
I guess catching up with each other can do that.
We talked the entire time we worked out which was pretty cool.
I don't mind having a gym buddy but I cannot stand to have a running buddy. I am so finicky when it comes to my running. My focus is only on me and I don't wanna be worried about another person--how they are holding up, if I should pick up the pace, etc. And I expecially get annoyed when they have coins in their pockets colliding or keys jangling on the side. UGh!! I get so annoyed! Then it screws up my concentration.
Geez...
I'm so picky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home