Tuesday, July 11, 2006

she hit the concrete hard in an almost gnarly way

I am seriously trying not to make excuses but I still have not run. It was on my to-do list today. That is, until I took a major spill on my bike on the way to campus today.

I was an idiot and put uneven weights on my handlebars. (Long story but my regular backpack was dirty from a banana I left rotting in there so I had to use a shoulder bag.) Catastrophe was inevitable as I was also late and riding like a mad woman for class. I made a fast and sharp turn and before I knew, my wheel locked (probably from the bag knocking into it) and all I could do was go with the flow of the fall.

What's funny was that my first instinct was to "pancake". I played some high school volleyball so it was pure instinct to lessen the impact but landing on my belly. haha

Some nearby painters helped me to my bike and realigned the chain on my bike.

I considered skipping class and going home to lick my wounds. Both knees were scraped and I have a huge boody red deep scrape on my left elbow. However, the superwoman in me wanted to go on with the show and kept riding to campus. What's worst was that I spilled right in front of a passing transit bus. lol

I was telling a classmate that the sadist in me actually liked the fall. Crazy, I know but it made me feel tough for getting back up and riding on. Maybe I can take mountain biking afterall. Big kahunas for someone with a fear of falling. lol

I'm considering a session on the elliptical but we'll see.
I still feel like my knees and elbow are on fire. :(

Update: My left arm is now experiencing a dull ache as is my wrist. I did not do the elliptical. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings.

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Ouch! Now that’s gotta hurt a lot. Hope you heal quickly and get back on the road very soon. I know you’re tough, so this fall shouldn’t stand between you and your goal. You’ve got a marathon to start training for as well as a ton of races between now and January. Nothing’s going to get in your way.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Ouch...hey, you're made for mountain biking! I felt the same while I was running...tripped, tucked/rolled and kept on running.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Owwww! Maybe a little bit of eliptical may do you some good.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Jesus! I thought I had issues! Take care...and I think this justifies REST Girlie!!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

RICE!! Especially the I for Ice.. don't let it swell up on you.

Hope you are heal well! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home