Saturday, July 15, 2006

Today I had wings on my feet

The Workout
Mileage: 5.8 miles
Type: Hills

I was dreading this particular run all week.
All one needs to say is "hills" and I'm already doing a 180. jk

The good thing is that I got through with it. Like I promised, I did said run at the gym. Oh how I love Saturday mornings. My treadmill was waiting there looking forlorn before I arrived. It saw me and I swear I could see energy halos coming off of it. Needless to say, it stuck it's tongue out at the crummy Woodway machines because it was picked. hehe

There was hardly a soul there and I loved it.

The miles were just flying by today, I swear and the hills were not as menacing on my legs as I thought they were going to be--especially coming from a week and some days without hill/incline training. So I have to say right now Good job legs! They are starting to feel super strong. :) I felt absolutely sensational when I was done. Boy do I love that runner's high!

Tomorrow is my scheduled day of cross training. I 'm glad that I made a calendar of specific workouts for each day. It's such motivation to be able to write a check mark with my red pen after I've accomplished the daily goal. Who would have known that the biggest difference in motivation would have come from such a simple act!

Right now I am preparing dinner. On tonight's menu is Sage seasoned porkchops simmered in beef broth and a side dish of green bean casserole. It's getting to be known as my specialty aroudn this house. hehe I've posted a pic of it in progress.

About an hour ago, we came back from watching Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth which is about the global warming crisis. I was expecting a little more but nevertheless I think it's an essential film that EVERYONE needs to see.

And I don't know if I mentioned but Hubster and I are headed to San Diego the first weekend in August. We hitting up Street Scene where a menagerie of our favorite bands will be playing (Tool, My Chemical Romance, The Shins, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party and a couple others.) I made hotel reservations today!!!!!!! It's my way of rewarding myself for finishing up my final summer classes for my degree. :)

8 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the miles. The dinner looks yummy. Good luck on the cross-training tommorow. It will really help with the miles.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger SRR said...

That sounds good. Came I come for dinner sometime? :-)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Dubs said...

Good job on the hills!! Way to get through your dreaded workout.

Saw the Baseline case on the weekend Today show this morning... be careful & aware at night!

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love workouts like that!

street scene sounds AWESOME!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger ! said...

Yay street scene!...Good job on the run...I was so busy with the family. I didn't even run..instead..I went swimming!...hehehe. Sorry I didn't get back to you on friday...I wasn't at a computer all week'd.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger carmen said...

hey trish, i was talking about this coming friday. if you're free that would be awesome.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Pork chops...mmmm. Good job on the dreadmill training.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger ! said...

Awesome..As far as I know I'm FREE!!!...so okay..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home