Sunday, November 12, 2006

A little taste of glory!

Other than the big mishap of getting confused as to where the starting line was because I was late and therefore did not step across the mat to activate my timing chip, the race was SUPER! About .1 miles down the way did I realize that I was not approaching any mat and was running on the wrong side of the course but didn't want to turn around and be Official. It was a mental thing.

I ran according to the time on my watch so I'm sure that the time I report is as accurate as a timing chip. Though I didn't beat my first goal of running a sub-1 hour 10k, I did however, only miss it by 9 seconds.

I ran the 10k in 1:00:08. Mile 4-5 is where I really messed up. I slowed down horrendously to stretch my hammies and that mile registered as 10:40. :(

Who would have known that a simple time out to stretch would make or break my goal! I'm still happy though!!!! :)

I took more than 6 minutes off my time from last year!

WOO-HOO!! (but I'm still bummed that my name will not appear on the official web results.) I do have pictures as proof, though. I'll post them later on today. Right now I need to shower and go eat.

YAY for MEEEEEE!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome race! I am sure that you are not the first to do that. Great pace!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger ! said...

wooohooo carm let's dinner in celebration :) I wish i caught the race..sadly I'm working on a lovely day..great job

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

congrats! That is awesome!

mile 4-5 was a slow killer for me too!

Nice job!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Great run Carmen. Congratulations on your 1 min/mile improvement over last year.

I looked for you after the race, but wasn't able to find you in th crowds. Perhpas next time.

Congratulations again your had a great race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home