Friday, December 29, 2006

short and sweet

There isn't much to be said these days.

I can't run so what's the use? I find myself getting really jealous towards people that are able to run--even towards my own fiance'! I forgot to mention that the day after I saw the second doctor I was pulling out of the parking lot onto the main road. There was a young lady jogging along over the bridge and I felt like she was taunting me (of course, she wasn't). I was soooo jealous.

Now that Ann has let me know that the Valley of the Sun race is not a full marathon but only a half, I have been trying to look into other marathons that will take place in the Western half of the US near the end of March.

This one
looks enticing.

Other than that, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things again. I went to the gym last night. Whoopee! The gym has some new cardio machines! 4 new treadmills too!

I went 20 min on the bike, 10 min on the elliptical (hardest 10 of my life!) and then walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes.

Last but not least, HAPPY NEW YEAR all!
Be safe. Have fun!


I'm out.

P.S. On the phone yesterday, Hubster said to be checking my mail box for my belated X-mas gift. He's hinted that it may be a Garmin. *crosses fingers* I hope! I HOPE!

5 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, Carmen. I hope you get your groove back soon. In the meantime, check out my blog for the pre-race gathering that I put together.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That race sounds good - end of March gives you a bit more time too.

Hang in there - cheering you on to heal quickly!!

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - looked around for some other race options starting in March.. There is a
Prescott YMCA Whiskey Row Marathon
on May 5th

March 25th is
The Bataan Memorial Death March
in honor of WWII vets - had some high


reviews.


Not sure if you are interested in either - but gives you some choices

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Carmen! I know it's tough to watch the runners, but have faith that you will be back and stronger than ever!!!

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make the best of your down time. It's sounds like you are! Hang in there! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home