Saturday, December 16, 2006

hunger that could slay dragons

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pearl Harbor II won't be happening in my stomach tonight or tomorrow morning because of the big 30k I've been waiting to do for some time now.

Well, it started when Hubster and I went to a kickin' new bar last night in south Scottsdale. It was so cool because it's a punk rock club and they played a lot of 80's music too. The cool Depeche Mode type of stuff, not the cheesy stuff. The beats were light and happy too. They had this really cool band from Tucson playing and they were extremely good--like the cooler version of the Killers. They said they had a MySpace page but I can't remember the name of the band for the life of me.

We came back to our apartment late and as expected, I woke up late and with a hunger that could slay some mythical dragons. At that point, I was ready to eat anything. So I opened the fridge and eyed an unopened package of roast beef and cheddar cheese at the bottom. About a week ago, Hubster said he cleaned out the fridge and I assumed everything left in there was still good.

I opened the roast beef and plowed right into it. I couldn't even smell the rotted stench coming off of it. I must have been that hungry. Ten minutes later, Hubster got out of the shower and I told him I couldn't wait for breakfast so I ripped into the roast beef his mom bought. I guess he smelled the rotten odor as soon as he got out of the bathroom and was bewildered so he went to check the expiration date. It said "Consume before 9/16/06". DAMN!!

Now I'm all freaking out. I threw up what I could and felt so bulimic for doing so. Gross, huh?

I'm really hoping I don't get sick. I've been looking forward to the 30k for way too long. :( Pray for me, puppies.

P.S. I found the band we heard last night. They're called "The Year of Acceleration" from Tucson, AZ. They were amazing. Listen here.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your tummy holds up. It should be a fun race on Sunday morning. Temperatures should be in the mid-40s by race time. As long as the wind doesn't pick up, we should have a great time all the way.

Just remember .. it's a slight up hill for the first 3 miles, flat on mile 4 then a slight up hill for miles 5 through 9. Stay relaxed through the turn aound, coast down the first hill, glide over the flat and get ready to kick it in over the last 3 miles on the down hill.

See you there. I'll be wearing my usual ... white Runner's Den hat, blue top and black shorts. Just like every other guy there :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Carmen. Oh ick!

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog,

Wow! you really must've been hungry to eat that roast beef! Good luck with that 30k run. Hopefully you stomach will be better by then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home