Monday, December 18, 2006

recovery...one two three


I'm sore again. I'm hobbling around and getting by one small step and wince at a time. I think I did something to my left foot somewhere during the last .6 miles in yesterday's 30k. I felt it tighten and it felt like cramping. Now today it feels really tight and hurts when I walk on it. I hope it goes away soon. It's really annoying. Oh, the dilemmas of flat-footed runners. hehe

My body is finally adjusting to all the super long distance runs. Usually, I am just completely haggard and downright drained when I finish that I fall asleep when I get home or deal with some insane headaches. Yesterday was different...it felt like I had just come back from a 10 mile run. Still difficult but not all that bad.

Ugh. Back to the office tomorrow. I've been away for three weeks.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try toe "scrunches". I'm sure there is an official word for this exercise ... I just don't know it.

Start by holding your foot in a relaxed position. Quickly point your foot and curl your toes hard. Hold for 10 seconds. Release, relax and repeat. Do 4 or 5 reps. This builds up the foot muscles and you can do it anywhere. I got the exercise from my orthopedic doctor (we're on a first name basis by now). I still get aches and pains in my feet, but they are less severe than past years.

Congrats again on your finish. I'm really impressed that you don't have any residual pain other than your feet. My calf muscles were a little stiff this morning from 9.3 miles of up hill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home