Wednesday, December 06, 2006

my own stomach is making me sea sick

Today will be day number 4 of not running. Today, I was going to power walk (I'm still sore) on a local trail here in Santa Fe. I'm here on business and taking a training course on recycling and working in a recycling facility. I've been here since Tuesday and have been bored to death with the city of Santa Fe. Just driving around all the adobe structures (adobe stores, homes, gas stations) makes me nauseaous (sp?).

Last night I stayed in Albuquerque with my fiance's uncle and his family. Early this morning, I took off an visited an Einstein Bagels and Starbucks joint on San Mateo near the freeway. I really wanted a bagel with a pumpkin smear and a pumpkin spice latte. One of these items, I believe, is the culprit in my being sick all day.

By 9:30 am, I was making repeated trips to the bathroom during presentations to barf. The smells of EVERYTHING made me nauseous and the water I drank made my stomach all sloshy and even more sick. It was awful! As I stood over the toilet for the umpteenth time, I vowed that I would not consume pumkin-anything for the rest of the year. The thought of pumpkin makes me sick. blah.

I suffered all day and even had to endure standing around in freezing temperatures for a recycling facility tour in Santa Fe. I so wanted to strangle our tour guide because he wouldn't quit yapping and just let us be on our way. It was obvious we were all freezing our reproductive organs off!

Now it's past midnight and I haven't had a bite to eat since lunch. I still feel sick but I think I'll be well enough to eat some breakfast.

Hopefully I'll get to power walk when I get home this evening.

I hope I didn't get food poisoning. :(

BTW, 'Sex in the City' is on right now. What is so hot about Kim Cattrall? She is so annoying.

6 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Carmen, feel better. And I totally hear you on the Kim Cattral thing. Ew.

I found the link to Running Strong, that organization I mentioned.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awh..no wonder I didn't get a text from you. I hope your feeling better!!!. :)

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ICK!! That's awful! I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no - hope you are feeling better soon!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I've no idea what's so hot about Kim Cattrall. Now, if they had her out training for a marathon every morning, I might change my opinion.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you aren't still sick and are felling better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home