Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Return...

It's official.
I'm back.

I used to blog for a bit on a wordpress account but found that it wasn't as fun as blogger was so I decided to switch back. I think that because most of my fellow running blogger enthusiasts are on blogger, it also makes it easier for you to provide comments and encouragement.

The last time I left off I was working for the Navajo Nation in Window Rock, Arizona. I was a recycling educator and had been living away from my fiance', who was still living in Tempe and working like a maniac for his company in Scottsdale. We endured a 9-month long distance relationship, seeing each other every other weekend or so. Fate was kind when my best friend let me in on a vacancy where he was working in Phoenix. I applied in April, was interviewed, and accepted a new position in a pesticide program. I moved back to Tempe and began my new job in late May.

I'm still working on behalf of Arizona tribes in the environmental realm. I love being able to work my 8 hours and then going home to my fiance' and our cats instead of a lonely, shabby studio apartment. Our wedding is still taking place in late August and everything looks great.

I haven't been running (much) since my foot injury last December at the Arizona Road Racers' 30k, where I was able to meet the wonderful Phil. I just couldn't find the drive to lace up my shoes and hit the asphalt or the trails. Runner's slump? I think it was. As a result, I slowly gained back some of the pounds I had lost and didn't feel as jolly and grand as I once did when I ran daily.

But that will change this week. In fact, tonight I hit the asphalt for the first time in almost two months. I ran my first mile in 11:05. Not bad. I thought it was going to be in the 12's. I'm trying to get used to my new shoes that Hubster bought for me yesterday...Brooks Ariel.

Not soon after 1.5 miles did I begin to feel stinging in my knee...like I was landing wrong. I think it's the shoes correcting my pronation (motion-control) and my legs aren't used to being corrected! I'll see how it goes for the rest of the week. I'm going to walk tomorrow and run a little on Tuesday. Alternation will go on like that for the rest of the week. However, I'm on travel and will be away from a computer until Friday. I will be in San Carlos, Arizona attending an Environmental Investigations Training. In the coming months, I have to work towards earning all of my credentials to become a federal Pesticide Inspector.

I've never been to San Carlos before so I'm very excited. It's home to Apaches. I hear it's gorgeous. Anyhow, it's good to be back. I've missed the community here.

7 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger REDLADEE said...

SAN CARLOS AKA GODS COUNTRY yo..lol.
Tell me what you think of my "home". I was just up there in Point of Pines this weekend for Dad's day..aww..it feels so good to go home. ANywho..this week lets do the walk thang soon..I'm free Thurs..what say you?

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Good to see you're on your way back as I am too. It's been a slow progress.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Welcome back, Carmen!

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You are back in so many ways!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger runliarun said...

Welcome back. Happy running. My boyfriend has the same birthday as you.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Neese said...

welcome back! :o)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Welcome back, Carmen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home