Tuesday, July 24, 2007

motivation from yesteryear

Last night I went to the gym after indulging in more frozen pizza than I should have allowed myself for dinner. At first I was going to skip my evening workout since Brandon wasn't going to go but then I was inspired to go after seeing pictures of him and I when we were first dating two and a half years ago. I couldn't believe how structured my face was with a magnificent jawline and pointy Cher-like cheekbones in all their glory. Fast forward to today and these fine specimens are hidden under chubbs that I have accumulated over the years from being "too comfortable."

Not to sound vain but christ, I was a doll!

Seeing those pictures made me long for the self-confidence I used to have when it came to my body. So instead of bunking down in front of the telly for the evening with Bret Micheals and his dating reality TV show for entertainment, I put on my gear and drove to the gym.

Since I ran my heart out on Sunday, I figured that Monday's workout would be active recovery. I alloted time on the upright bike, the recumbent, the elliptical, and lastly the treadmill. Oddly enough, I ran into a friend of mine there who knew me from "magnificent jawline and Cher cheekbone" days. I was a little embarrassed to see her so she could see how I've let go. I thought the feeling would go away but it didn't.

Tonight I am running easy. 3 miles if I can. Followed by some weight training for the legs.

Tuesday:
Upright bike -- 11 min (avg level: 10)
Recumbent bike -- 10 min (avg level: 10)
Elliptical -- 6 min
Treadmill -- approx. 12 min. (mostly walking at an incline of 5.0-9.0)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Neese said...

aw you ARE a doll! :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep up the great work.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Dubs said...

I hope your workouts are going well!! I agree with Neese - you ARE a doll!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home