Thursday, July 12, 2007

Road Trip!

Two nights ago (Tuesday) Brandon and I went to the gym for our usual 40-45 minutes of cardio workout. It was another late night workout and one that I almost skipped out on because I was too tired to even want to work out. By the time we finished our workouts, it was 12:30 am. Holy crap! We really need to start committing ourselves to working out between 8 and 10 pm. I can't afford to feel groggy and unrefreshed at work the next day.

The other day, I had to take leave without pay from work to travel back to Gallup, NM to deal with a traffic complaint. The summons I received declared that I would have a warrant issued for my arrest if I failed to appear before the judge. Scary sounding! The real pain in the ass is that when I arrived at the court house, I had been told that I had two options: I could pay the damn fine and plead no contest along with admin fees ($55, my ass!) or schedule another appearance within 30 days.

I was so pissed because I sacrificed 8 hours of pay from work, I spent money on gas for a 9 hour roundtrip, and money on food!! The lady sensed my annoyance so she told me that I could have my hearing telephonically. I agreed because I straight out told her that I know for a fact that I was not guilty for the charge.

Ugh!!! I wanted to punch something when I walked outta there but Brandon and I figured that we would at least make something of the trip so we visited some Indian Jewelery stores and made a capricious visit to the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Park. I have never been to both even though I've passed them several times on the 1-40 to Holbrook and Flagstaff. I'll post pictures later but the petrified wood was amazing!

Tonight I'm due to run again.

I've only been managing to run 2 miles at approximately 10:45 pace. Feels so slow to me but I can't expect to run 9:30's overnight!

4 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

What a pain! They could have told you this over the phone. Geez!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Government bureaucracy, be it tribal or state, can be a pain in the ass. There isn't any sense of the hassle they cause with their stupid complaints. I can't believe you've never been to the Painted Desert ... it's a great place. Looking forward to the pictures.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

What a pain! Well at least you got to go on a road trip.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Welcome back!! Missed your blog.

The painted desert & petrified forest are so beautiful! We did lots of family trips as a kid and those were two of my favorite places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home