Friday, July 06, 2007

Bonafide 24 hour fitness gym member.

Yesterday evening, Brandon and I finally got around to signing up for a family membership at 24 Hour Fitness in Tempe. Thank goodness for the family deal because we saved an extra hundred bones. Unfortunately, the hundred bones was gone by the end of the day anyway because we stopped by Micheals afterwards to browse the silk flowers selection and I ended up buying some calla lily stems and other necessities for our wedding reception centerpieces.

Later that night (around 10:40pm) we drove back to the gym to get in our first workout. I decided to trot on the treadmill with the new shoes that had been giving me knee problems just to see if the knee would act up while running on a even surface. And it didn't! I only ran a mile and a half and then walked at an inline of 5-8 for another three minutes.

I finished out the w/o with 10 minutes on the recumbent bike.

I love that gym. During the time of day we end up going out to get our cardio on, all of the treadmills are practically free and I don't have to wait for nothing. I'm going to start going to some classes next week.

I haven't been doing much lately aside from last minute wedding stuff. I finally selected my wedding cake design but now I'm having trouble finding high quality orange silk tiger lilies in town and online. I thought orange lilies were common but all I'm finding are the white ones or the pink stargazers! Arrrgh! I need to find some to place on my cake as well as in our centerpiece arrangements which are made up of citrus-colored calla lilies, orange-red zinnias, and some tigerlilies.

We're going to New Mexico this weekend to tie up some loose ends. We need to purchase some generators since the place where my wedding will be taking place (uncle's residence) does not have electricity. I'm also looking for table cloths and whatever else I may have overlooked.

Only 6 weeks to go!

Participated in a planting activity over the weekend with some co-workers. We planted a small community garden in Phoenix. All the seeds are native to central Arizona.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Your first family membership! Now that's special.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

How cool, Carmen!

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Renee said...

24 hour fitness? Oh, that's sweet! There's an article in today's NY Times about the impact of working out outdoors with the pollution. It's sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home