Sunday, June 24, 2007

Getting back on track

Some photos from my trip to San Carlos, Arizona.

San Carlos Lake


My kick-ass Toyota Prius rental.


A pic of me by the lake. I look like I have hamster eyes.


Sometimes I don't know where the heck my weekends go. It's almost as if I'm not even getting a day off from work at all. On Saturday evening, Brandon and I had dinner (Navajo tacos!) with our wedding photographer, who is also our friend, and his family. We arrived at six o'clock and did not leave until well after mid-night when our eyeballs tinted red from fatigue. ha And I wondered where my day went! I was supposed to leave at least by nine pm so I could get in a run but that didn't happen.

Today was a lazy day. I didn't feel like doing much of anything. My main accomplishment of the day was doing three loads of laundry. I'm going on travel again for work. Tomorrow, my boss and I are driving to Parker, Arizona to meet with two representatives from the Colorado River Indian Tribes Environmental Office. I've never been to Parker either. When I was in San Carlos last week I was not able to get in any exercise so I'm hoping that my Parker trip will be different. Even just a 30-minute walk will do.

Last Friday, I took a break from all the reading I was doing at work and went to a website with a calorie-calculator for daily calorie intake. I'm trying to lose weight within the next two months for the wedding. According to the calculator, I need to limit myself to approximately 1,900 calories if I am putting in 35 minutes of cardio a day. Today was the first day on my diet.

Since this is my first week, I increased my limit to 2,100 calories so my stomach and appetite can adjust to the smaller portions. Otherwise, I'll be getting headaches, feeling lethargic, and just basically being a grumpy, mean gorilla all week.

I'm off to do a 2-mile jog now with my love. I sure hope the heat is tolerable tonight. :(

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Lazy days are great! It makes the busier ones go by much smoother.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Cool pictures, thanks. I've never been there myself.
I hear you about the time flying by, sometimes it helps just to set the alarm for a morning run, run, then take a nap afterwards. I've never been a fan of diet plans, but good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home