Thursday, June 28, 2007

Merrily we run along, ahem, jog

I have to start doing a better job of logging in my "runs". I put quotations around run because I personally don't consider it a run if I have to stop to walk. What I am doing at the moment is more like jogging and then walking, jogging and walking. So would this be called, "jogalking"?

This week, I've managed two sessions of "jogalking" with Brandon. Our evenings mysteriously are eaten up that the only time slot we've been able to jog was at 11 pm. On Sunday evening, we didn't even get finished until Midnight! It's just that I feel so tired after work and battling infamous Phoenix traffic on the Loop 202 that I just want to zombie out in front of the computer, watch some TV, go out for some dinner, let it settle, and then browse stores for no apparent reason at all.

I'm going to have have to cut out all this BS next week. Next week, I lay the smack down.

This weekend, I'm signing myself and Brandon up for a gym membership at 24 Hour Fitness. I've recently become more consciencious about the health impacts of running outdoors especially with the air pollution content that Phoenix metro has. Just the thought makes me feel like weekly running outdoors will clog my lungs up with particle gunk. Therefore, I'd feel much better running indoors on a treadmill during the week and running outdoors on the weekends.

A friend of mine already has a membership at the gym we're going to commit to so I'll be starting out a workout routine with her soon. She's aching to shed some baby weight and me...well, I just want to look a sexy, toned beast for my wedding which is only two months away!

Going back to running...
My left hip and my right knee (inner area below knob) have been stinging lately. I'm not sure if my new shoes are to blame but I'm going to test whether or not they are. On my next jog, I'm going to wear my old running shoes to see if I can tell a difference. If so...I may have to buy another pair of shoes. Otherwise...I'll have to take leg strengthening more seriously. I was telling my best friend this morning that because of the resulting pain I get from running on both my hip and my knee, I feeling like I'm walking around like I have a stick up my ass. He just laughed.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the gym membership - mine gym and I just broke up.

Hope all is well with your knee.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Great job on getting that gym membership.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Hey ... any run is a run. Log them all and just celebrate getting out there and moving around! Great to have you back BTW. We've missed you.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger psbowe said...

YOu could check to see if the gym offers spinning classes, great benefit for running I think.
I agree, it would be too darn hot to run right after work too.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

Welcome back Carmen! I started a new blog instead of trying to fix my feed. It was a pain! Check it out I Live To Run (2.0)!

PS. I'm fostering some new kittens. Do Tyrone and Mauude need a brother or sister? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home