Saturday, September 04, 2004

Finally starting to feel it!

I think if I felt any better than I do right now, I'd be Superwoman.
I feel really good about the overall improvement in my physical fitness and running.
My legs don't fatigue as easily as it once did 30 minutes into my workout.
My usual workout has progressed from enduring 30 minutes of hell to enjoying every second of the 50 minutes I spend in workout/running bliss.
I like seeing my quad muscles pop out as I take every step.
And it's a great feeling to finally be losing those pesky love handles. haha
I feel superb!

Tonight I put in another hour at the SRC on campus.
As I peddled away vigorously on the bike I began missing my evening runs. It's been a week since I ran my first 5k and subsequently strained and overwhelmed my lower right leg. I remember the morning after the race my leg stung with every step I took. It was awful. Since last Saturday I have been giving my injured leg some much needed R&R. But now, I'm aching to be back out on the road running again.
Yet, I'm afraid it's still too soon to pick up where I left off.
So...a small compromise.
I will trot at least a mile around the grassy field at the middle school across from my apt complex. It beats subjecting my leg to the hardness of concrete after a week of doing nothing.
We will see how my leg responds to the short run.

Other than that, I started on the elliptical trainer first this evening. 30 min on Cross Training mode and then 10 minutes each on the recumbent bike and the upright bike. (sorry,don't know the technical name for them. hehe) I also did some work on the leg press machine as well as working the quads and hammies on their respective weight training machines.
Me thinks I need to hire a trainer to help acquaint me with the weight room.
I'm so intimidated when I go in there but hey, asking for help is a start!

I'm thinking it's possible to regain the impeccably toned and strong body I once had in high school. Isn't that something?

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hi Carmen. I finally added you to the Running Blog Family Directory. Sorry for the delay!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger carmen said...

thanks everyone for your lovely comments! sorry it has taken me a while to respond...i've been just a lazy pig lately. i hope i snap out of it soon.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger carmen said...

thanks everyone for your lovely comments! sorry it has taken me a while to respond...i've been just a lazy pig lately. i hope i snap out of it soon.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger carmen said...

thanks everyone for your lovely comments! sorry it has taken me a while to respond...i've been just a lazy pig lately. i hope i snap out of it soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home