Tuesday, July 18, 2006

shakey leaf

I've been feeling a bit loopy lately, hence the dry and seemingly skeletal posts. I've been feeling as anxious as a dog who recognizes the route to the vet clinic this week. I have my first Genetics exam on Thursday which is akin to having my life on the line. Just thinking about it makes me sweat bullets.

I also have an interview scheduled with someone from the Navajo Nation regarding my application for a temporary wildlife tech position this afternoon. I bought this interview question and answer book over the weekend and have been skimming through it as best I can without neglecting my studies. The good thing is that it's a phone interview but at the moment, I feel that I'm not adequately prepared. Maybe I'm making a big fuss over it but I'd rather be somewhat prepared than sounding like an unsure recent college graduate.

Hopefully, the interviewer happens to be a running enthusiast as well and we can bond on that. hehe

When I get anxious, I feel like I swallowed my heart and it's about to rip out of my chest to plot a mutiny against me. Ugh.

Other than that, I'm still on track with my running schedule. Yesterday I had a scheduled day off and the only thing I did was ride my bike to class. As for today--
The Workout
Mileage: 4.5 miles
Type: Tempo

This workout was divided into 10 minutes of warm-up, (2x) 10 min tempo/2 min recovery, and a 15 minutes cooldown. I had to cut my cooldown short because the gym was closing. However, I did get a good workout. On the tempos, I was running at an approximate speed of 9 min/miles and as fast as 8:30 when I got into a groove. It was awesome!!

Sometimes I hate doing tempo workouts because time seems to crawl by slower than usual. I'll be running and then looking down at the clock to see how much time I have left to go only to realize I have minutes instead of seconds. How I get through it is beyond me.
----
Lastly, I feel like I have not been giving adequate attention to other running blogs. After Thursday is over, I'll be back to regular commenting but please don't think I forgot you or think you've been boring. lol It's just one of those weeks.

P.S. Could you suggest some typical interview questions as well as some to-do's and not-to do's? I'd appreciate any help!!

3 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger LeahC said...

oooh typical interview questions...that's a good question. I can't really answer it because I have only had two interviews in my life....one where they basically gave me the job before asking questions and a recent interview for NY investment company which was lame and not personal at all.

My mom on the other hand has always told me to be myself. I mean I know it's hard especially if you are nervous, but I think that it does show a lot of personality if you can be the person you truely are.

Also, after the interview you might want to send a letter telling them why you know you are good for the job and you look forward to hearing from them (my cousin did this recently for a teaching position and got the job!).

A friend of mine also hires people for programming jobs and says he hates it when the person being interviewed says they know how to do something and then when you ask them a more detailed question it's obvious that they have no idea. So honestly helps in his eyes. Admitting you don't know something but are willing to learn and have the ability to learn I think is a strong attribute.

Alright, that's all. No experience on my end, but just some things I have heard.

Good luck with your test and the interview.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger psbowe said...

Hope your interview went well.

I tried to leave a comment this morning but blogger wasn't cooperating.

Yay, on the groove.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger SRR said...

OHHH!! Love the new profile pic. (Not that I didn't like the previous one...but you know what I mean!)

YEAH...I do feel neglected from you lately...**sniffle sniffle** :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home