Friday, November 17, 2006

oversight

I've been kind of running. I just haven't been blogging about it. Mainly, it's because I'm not proud of the lack of time that I'm putting in but mostly, it's because I haven't had the drive to log into blogger and blog. I know...I'm one lazy mofo.

Since the 10k on Sunday, I've only run twice this week. Three if I include this evening's 3 miler. The first run was only 2 miles and some time on the bike because I arrived at the gym late. Yesterday, I put in 3 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike, which I am counting as 2 additional miles.

I wasn't going to run today but I kind of have the bug for it so I'm going to satiate that runner's ache. I was going to attend a fashion event tonight. It's called "Fashion for a Cause" which is being hosted by Miss Navajo Nation and an AIDS awareness organization that my roommate used to work for. It's because of her that I know some gross sex slang that I probably shouldn't even know but hey, that was apart of her job. Education. :P

I didn't have anything else going on tonight and thought that I'd go to support the cause even if it meant having to endure some annoying mannerisms and behavior some models. Luckily, some friends of mine are going to the movies tonight and I decided to tag along with them instead--thus, saving me from mental moans and groans in response to some of the dumb things I hear the models say.

I've got a conference I'm presenting for in another week and some days in Albuquerque. It's a Navajo Infrastructure conference aimed at providing infrastructure development information to our navajo communities. Of course, I'll be presenting about recycling and beautifying our communities. I went around town this morning taking pictures of roadside litter. About 80% of the litter or more is recyclable.

I'm using these pictures in my presentation.

In addition, I took some pictures of water bottles, aluminum cans, some local newspapers, and some magazines and catalogs for examples. I stopped by a friend of mine's office who works as an attorney because she said she had some magazines (gossip mags) that she needed to get rid of. When I got there, she said she forgot to bring them and instead gave me NM Bar Bulletin mags and one Cosmo mag.

I used the Cosmo mag in a picture along with my Runner's World, Her Sports, and some Avon catalogs. It's supposed to be for my paper recycling slide.

I just noticed what's on the Cosmo mag and it has SEX written all over it! Definitely, not material for my audience of community leaders and council delegates! haha I'll have to crop it.
BTW, I was elected as one of the Board of Directors (2007-2008)for the New Mexico Recycling Coalition!! My first real elected gig! I just got word of it today.

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Congrats on your elected position. Is governor far behind?

Sorry you've got the running blahs. This happens to the best of us from time to time ... especially when it gets cold outside. You did very well at the New Times 10K, but it probably took more out of you than you think. Your body needs a bit of time to recover from the pounding. I'm sure you'll be back into the swing on things next week and back on track with your marathon training.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads on the elected positon.

Hang in there with the running blahs!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Is it true that SEX sells???

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Deene said...

Cosmo IS a sex magazine. Congrats on the elected position - Woohoo! is that the coalition that promotes "toss no mas"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home