Sunday, November 12, 2006

PR also means Pretty RAD!

As I promised, and we all know that my blog needs to be livened up with images. :P The pictures are out of order and I didn't have time to fix that but enjoy!


This is me stretching after the race. Someone tell me if this is an appropriate stretch or am I inviting injury? I don't want to be the runner girl who does stretches that will kill my running career. hehe


Forget the sign...I've toned down and lost some extra tire rolls!


My magic shoes.



My goofy expression means I'm telling Hubster about the interval between mile 4 and 5 where I flopped and the 20-sec difference would have meant a sub-60 min PR.


It's all about PR'ing!


See, I told you I ran a 1:00:08 10k!


I think this was right at the finish when I was about to raise my hands in the air. I hardly ever do that but this time I was happy I made my second goal. I know the two ladies right behind me too. I was happy to see them during the run! They're both Navajo girls, like me!

Still amazed at my time and washing down the glory with some Gatorade.


I was fortunate to have run into a friend from college while I was stretching. Nanibaa and I go way back since freshmen year of college in English class. We were laughing about how weird it is to know that our friends are all working professionals now.



I left the grizzly for last--I'm not going to hide the dirty either! Just look at those saliva stains at the mouth and the pit sweat so proudly displayed! Nope, runners aren't ashamed of these things at all!

10 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger teacherwoman said...

Nice job on your race!!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

carm-your results are on the website-

http://www.ceptiming.com/2006/misc58/06-nt-10k-o.txt

But like you said you started late so your results aren't as accurate as your watch.

Just wanted to let you know you were counted!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my....I could not tell the stretch that you were doing. I had to turn my head alot to see it.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Arcane said...

Nice job with the PR. You're way too flexible in that first pic.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Congratulations on a great reace, wear the saliva stains with pride!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Deene said...

That first picture - you appear so contorted, i had to do a double take to figure it out. what part part does that stretch besides glute clenching?

Good job on PR!! all the hard work has been paying off.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger carmen said...

It's a stretch where I put one leg kinda behind my glutes and it stretches out my quads. I think I might quit doing this stretch though and start doing the modified stretch with me standing up and holding my leg behind my glutes.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you ROCK! Super fine job there girl, keep up the great work, you've got a marathon on the horizon!

Bella

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Wow...congrats on your PR. Wanted to run the 10K but another injury for me.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Renee said...

CONGRATS on a shiny new PR! Way to go Carmen! Wuhu!
You look great -- definitely toned and buff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home