Sunday, November 26, 2006

literary regurgitation

I feel so. so. so.

fat!

I haven't done any running. I've been on the go every single day since Wednesday afternoon. I had a headache all day in conjunction with elevated stress.

I don't feel like running.

I'm not looking forward to this week at all. In Albuquerque for the conference. I'm steamed that I'm forced to stay there from Monday to Thursday. For pete's sake, I'm only presenting on Thursday! Why must I waste Navajo Nation money staying there only to sit on my ass doing nothing for the other days. My good conscience wants to go back to the office to work on stuff I have been putting off but my bosses are forcing me to be there all 4 days.

A waste of time and money, I say!

I am so annoyed when I think about it. To make matters worse, I have to pay up front for a hotel and all along I thought my program paid the tab up front. Instead, they have this system where tribal employees pay for their meals and lodging out of their own pocket and then submit the receipts later to get a reimbursement. It bugs me that I have to compromise my own budget for travel. We're the largest Indian nation for god's sake...you would think we would have an unblazenly simple system.

I'm in a bad mood.

Usually I go off on a list of things and people that have gotten on my shit list for the moment but I'll spare you the tirade.

*think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts*

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go run.....you can do it. We need you there at P.F. Chang's...plus the pre-race party will be awesome.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with firefly's comments...

Sounds like you have plenty of time to do some running instead of being couped up in a hotel... :)

I feel FAT too...damn knee injury, this means sitting out PF Change this time around too.

I must do something...perhaps yoga...otherwise sweatpants will become my best friend! lol..yuck!

Bella

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a bad system. It's like going to the dentist for work.
But running will help! We all promise!

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh bummer, that sucks! On one of my first jobs they had us expense stuff the same way. Now that I have some cushion built into my accounts, I have a company AMEX. Whyyyyyyy couldn't they have had that at my earlier companies. I feel for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home