Monday, September 17, 2007

as the dust settles

It has been way too long. I know.

The countdown for my wedding ran out almost a month ago. Brandon and I were married in a traditional Navajo ceremony on August 25th. Every bride always dreams that she will be thin and svelte on the big day but me? I was actually the heaviest I have ever been before and I can pin that to not running since forever. Forever is a bit too long of a word. I'll just say until the summer began.

I still have not posted pictures of my wedding on any of my blogs except for a small photo album on my MySpace page. I still have yet to see the rest of my photos from our photographer but I'm really in no big rush too. We're married and that's that. We're together forever now. I doubt there will ever be a time I will have to throw Brandon's saddle and boots out the door and leave it there. That's the Navajo equivalent to a divorce. The woman decides she has enough and all she has to do is set his things outside the hogan door and that's that! lol

I've started getting back into fitness about a week ago. A group of friends at work have gotten more health conscious so we decided to stop eating out so much and bring our lunches to work everyday save for one day of the week where we actually get to go eat out. We walk a 25 minute loop around the Historic Willo District of Phoenix and then go back to the break room to eat. I'm supposed to be in competition with one co-worker since we've both gained about 50 pounds since high school. We're trying to see who can lose 10 pounds first.

The scale already says I lost 6 pounds from last week but I'm not really counting it as a loss since I had just drank a crap load of water before getting on the scale.

I hope to be running a full mile at the end of next Friday. I'll be in Portland all next week for a training. I sure hope my hotel has a fitness room or has a park nearby!

5 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Congratulations on your marraige. It will be fun to see the pictures once you're ready to post them.

The weight will come off once you start training again. The good news is that Brandon loves you just the way you are.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Best wishes!!! You will get back into the swing of things with running faster than you think - just don't push it or get frustrated. walk, then walk & jog then jog and walk, then you'll be jogging and RUNNING and leaving clouds of dust and those lbs behind!! hee hee!

It is amazing how walking or running can really make a difference in your body quickly. :)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

Congratulations on your marriage! Willo is a great place to walk, especially now that it is cooling down. I used to live in that area. How are your babies? We have one of Ty and Maude's sister's back living with us. Mitzi beats her up a lot, not quite used to having her daughter back in the house!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Welcome back, Carmen! Congrads!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Congratulations, Carmen!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home