Sunday, November 18, 2007

And a Wedding Photo!

I am so glad that this is only a three day work week for me. Hopefully, it will only be two if I can get away with getting eight hours of leave approved on Wednesday. I'm so happy the holiday weekend is coming up. I still get conflicted over celebrating Thanksgiving but it's so hard to give up the spectacular turkey dinner and everything. I'm looking forward to finally being able to help my mom in the kitchen. I am so not a cooking girl but I've been learning thanks to allrecipes.com and my Cooking Basics for Dummies book.

I was supposed to run a 5k over the weekend but did it happen? NO!

I ended up falling asleep way late on Friday and wanted to throw my alarm clock in the toilet when it buzzed around 5:45 am. Brandon got up to turn it off which only meant that I went back to sleep.

Ah well. I still have my official first 5k for 2007 coming up on Dec. 9th to look forward to anyway.

On Saturday, I ran 2.2 miles on the treadmill with the intention or running another 2 miles that evening but that didn't happen since Brandon's grandma was in town and we went out for mexican food instead. I decided to make up my run today and was able to run 3.3 mi non-stop! Woo-hoo! This was on the treaddie and I agreed with myself that I would run my next two runs outdoors just so I don't weaken my legs.

We finally got some of our photos back from our wedding photographer. Here is a pic of my husband and I after the whole ceremony.



This Week:
Sun: 3.3 miles - 11:15 pace

6 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Great picture!!! You look beautiful and you both are glowing!

Thanksgiving... hmmm... just think... turkey and follow the trend of being thankful for what you have in your life right now. They sure know how to gloss over crappy stuff that was done in American history, eh? Let us know how your cooking turns out! :)

You'll get that 5k in. :)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Very nice picture, Carmen!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Deene said...

great photo! you're pre-wedding skin care regimen worked very well.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Hope you had a good turkey day!!!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger m. suen said...

Nizhóní.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger J~Mom said...

You look gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home