Monday, November 12, 2007

Goals and Treats

I just created a tentative race schedule for the remainder of 2007 and 2008. I'm slowly working my way back up to where I once was and am looking forward to running my first marathon in either May or June. I'd really like to run my 1st in Eugene just because I love Oregon so much.

I may be running my first 5k this Saturday in Fort McDowell or not. I have two friends who are doing a Breast Cancer Awareness walk this Saturday so I may support them in their cause. However, I am most definitely doing the Fiesta Bowl 5k in December. Last year, I did the 1/2 marathon and scored a PR. I was bummed to see that they would be giving out finisher medals to 1/2 finishers because I didn't get jack last year.

I have to prepare a running schedule for myself for 4 weeks. I made Brandon my witness that if I kept to my weekly mileage goals for the whole month, I could use my Zales card to buy myself something pretty. I am eying a strand of lovely pearls. I've never used my card yet and am itching to do so but I need a good reason.

I've also discovered a new goal that I really want to look forward to. I want to lose some weight so that I can fit into and look good in vintage dresses and attire from the 50's. I love the fashion from that era and want to look my absolute best when I buy a couple dresses. The thought of fitting nicely in a dress with a tiny waist inspires and drives me to run. Today, I ran 3.1 miles in our new complex's gym. I did it in 36:20 which is way slow for me and included some long walking breaks but I have to start somewhere, right?

Last Thursday, I ran-walk a route that measured almost 4 miles. It will be run-walk for another two weeks until I can build my endurance to run a full 3 miles non-stop.

I'm so glad my lover and I are back together.
Running.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Best of luck with your running schedule!! :)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Any thought of running the ARR 30K in December again? I'm toying with the idea of using it for a long training run.

Those pearls look sweet!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Sounds like a great goal, Carmen. Stay focused!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home