Saturday, November 03, 2007

Taking Baby Steps

Somewhere along the way, I lost focus of my theme for this year: "Better, Faster, Stronger".

I feel like I got my running mojo back though. This time, I really got it back. My husband bought an iPod shuffle for me recently because it was high time my old one retired. I never even named it but it was with me for more than 2 years. Good run, old pal.

My new shuffle has a name. It's name is Cornelius.

Cornelius and I have big plans for 2008. This is the official year of the marathon for me. I'm planning on marking the calendar for late April or early May. I have to get my fitness and aerobic capacity back up there.

As for the moment, a friend (also my co-worker) and I have psyched ourselves up for the PF Chang's 1/2. I only have about 10 weeks of training. It's doable. I say this because I'll be doing some long walking breaks. It would be a different story if I was running non-stop. I hope this friend doesn't bail on me.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger REDLADEE said...

Where do you plan on running your marathon? Do you need a running partner? I'm up for the challenge. I can even carry your gel..just think of me as a running purse.

Wishing you good thoughts and much success on this journey..you inspired me to blog again too..

Let's set that running date in stone..eh? heh

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Good to see you back and running. Best of luck training for you half-marathon. (Nice of your husband to get you a new iPod!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home