Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm Keeping Up

Yes, that is my evil husband lurking in the back!

Port of Subs is my favorite place for a healthy lunch or dinner. I just absolutely love the sandwiches from there. Subway gets old after awhile and I can't stand smelling like Subway bread when I leave the place. The Jalopeno chips at POS are to die for, as well! I heart POS even more these days because it makes watching what I eat even easier.

Although I'm excited about possibly running my first 5k this weekend for the year...I think what really gets me pumped for running is wearing my lovely new pearls (that I will purchase!) with a nice 50's vintage dress. I have a couple of friends that are going to teach me how to fix my hair in the retro style. They both love rockabilly and psycho-billy so they are so with me on my style change for the new year. I don't want to go pin-up though...I like the wholesome Sandra Dee look. lolLove this dress!

Tonight, I ran 3.3 miles. This evening, I made sure to run my first two miles with ease so I wouldn't burn out at the end. I took a small walking break after I reached 2.5 miles and I'm happy to say that I took off about forty seconds from my last time of 36:20. I ran 3.1 miles in 35:40. Woot-woot!

Already improving! What about that!

I'm afraid that the friend I mentioned a couple posts back who was supposed to run the 1/2 with me in January has already kinda bailed. She hasn't been running. I already kind of expected this. I'm miffed but oh well. I hate it when people say they're going to do something and they don't keep up with their end of the bargain. I have a life but I'm making efforts to squeeze in my runs. I just keep thinking it will all pay off when I'm at the starting line for the Eugene Marathon and buying my vintage dresses shortly before or thereafter. :)

This Week:
Sunday - Rest
Monday - 3.1 miles
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 3.3 miles

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Deene said...

purty dress! best wishes with the goals.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

Pretty dress and I love pearls! :) Great job on your workouts!

The sandwitch made me hungry for Scholosky's (sp?). YUMMY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home