Monday, July 24, 2006

Feel Me Flow, Yo

I did it.

The Workout
Mileage: 6.3
Type: Base, no hills

Though monotonous and therefore, challenging, I did my 6 miles on the treadmill today. Including a warmup, it came out to about 6.3 miles. Before heading to my complex's fitness room I tried to download some new tunes for my mp3 player. I tried to go old school. I'm only 24 so "old school" generally means the late nineties and the fiesty part of my college years. Fiesty meaning crazy. hehe

Feel Me Flow - Naughty by Nature
808 -Blaque
Heartbreaker - Mariah Carey
Hot Sexy Punkie - Sean Paul
Changes - Tupac
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith
Too Close - Next
This is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
Silver and Cold - AFI

I grew up during the rise of bubblegum pop and astonishingly enough, I forgot to add some Britney and Backstreet Boys to the mix. haha

Anyhow, I've been feeling extremely sluggish lately. It makes it hard to get into the groove of things when I set out to run. I partially took care of this problem by finally swinging around Scottsdale Running Co. to buy some new packets of GU. I'm such a vanilla type of person--literally. It's the only flavor I can stand in GU gels.

So I downed one before my run and another run around 4 miles. I've been so busy with school and studying that I keep forgetting to buy some new groceries. Not having a running car for a couple of days last week didn't help matters either. I noticed a dip in my energy because I usually fuel on bananas or yogurt every 2-3 hours and since I didn't do the shopping, I had to resort to buying pretzals or lattes during my class breaks. Not having the right mix of groceries also forced me to eat out on campus more times than I was comfortable with.

So be sure to eat right...it helps alot!

I finally did some shopping an hour ago so I should be good. But I'm back on track again folks...I'm a woman on a mission.

9 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Awesome run on the treadmill. I am glad to see that you are making smarter choices for recovery foods. Way to go!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Dubs said...

Wow - 6 miles on a treadmill. I don't think I could pull that off if someone paid me, I find that very impressive!

I'm glad you listed the songs! Made me smile - wondered what was "old school" to you. I'm about a decade ahead of you.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Dreadmill running...:) Keep it up and nice playlist selection.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Deene said...

good job on the dreadmill.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Amazing run on the 'mill. My hat's off to you on that one! Glad to hear that you finally bought some decent food. You need quality fuel girl ... you're preparing for a marathon. You also need some sleep. I imagine all the school work this summer is keeping you from both.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger carmen said...

Thanks guys, the exercise room I run in is so small that I have to stare at the lights on the ceilings to avoid staring at the person who is 7 feet in front of me. It was way tougher to do the long run in such cramped quarters.

Also, that treadmill frustrates me because I swear I am running alot faster than what the displays says. I'm exerting about the same effort for a 9:20 min/mile run and it says about 10:00 min...argh. Mental teases.

I'm glad to have new food too. I swear, the bananas are my staples

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the run.
Don't feel bad about feeling sluggish I feel the same way - I've been to busy to clean/shop etc.
But it sounds like you are back on track.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for running and for being back!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Grocery shopping or SHOE shopping??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home